Jam filled almond muffins are coming out hot!
Breakfast, mid-afternoon snack or dessert, these jam filled almond muffins are perfect any time of day. This recipe is easy to follow and requires ingredients that you would have in your cupboard already.
Perfect for a quiet Saturday morning with tea, these muffins are filling and taste so good. If you’re craving something sweet after dinner, just warming one of these up and scooping some vanilla ice cream over one (or two) tastes just like pie. These versatile muffins are seriously perfect for everything and add that touch of sweetness you sometimes just need to satisfy.
Follow along and see how to make these delicious muffins.
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of your favourite jam
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350f
- Melt your butter in a small container and let it cool
- Spray muffin tin well
- Whisk the milk, eggs and sugar together in a bowl
- Pour in melted and cooled butter and vanilla extract – whisk in well
- In a separate bowl, stir in flour, baking powder, salt
- Fold in wet ingredients until combined – do not over stir
- Divide the batter into 12 muffin cups, filling each cup about 3/4
- Stir your jam in a separate bowl to smooth it out
- Take a spoon and using the back of the spoon create a little well in each of the batters, take a separate spoon and scoop 1 tbsp of jam in each muffin
- Sprinkle the tops of each muffin with almonds – ensure they’re all sprinkled evenly
- Bake muffins in the centre of the rack for 20 – 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into batter comes out clean
- Let the muffins cool