Another round of happy hour with this plum and thyme cocktail recipe.
Nothing beats a delicious cocktail to go with that roast you’re making or the charcuterie board you’re serving as an app. If you’re not exactly sure what to serve as a themed cocktail for the night, this plum and thyme cocktail should do the trick. I found this recipe on My Diary of Us (a lifestyle blog full of delicious and easy-to-make recipes). I saved it on Pinterest for some time now but finally had the chance to try it.
I find the fresh thyme compliments the champagne while the plums keep the cocktail tasting fresh and sweet. The ingredients to make this cocktail should already be in your fridge so there’s no running to the store or worrying about the 30 ingredients that go into making one drink.
Even if you’re staying in and you’re all alone one evening and feel like making a drink, this is the perfect wintery cocktail to sip on as you keep warm inside.
Follow along with this easy recipe and see how easy it is to make this delicious cocktail.
INGREDIENTS (serves 2 – 3)
- 6-8 fresh thyme leaves (save at least 3 to 4 sprigs for garnishing)
- Juice of one lemon
- 4 plums (2 for the cocktail, 2 for garnish)
- 4 tbsp of thyme simple syrup (1/2 cup of water, 1/2 cup of sugar, bring to a boil until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat, add 3-4 thyme sprigs and cool in the fridge)
- 1 bottle of your favourite sparkling champagne (I used Bottega)
- If you haven’t already, begin making your thyme simple syrup so it begins cooling right away as you begin your other preparations
- Peel and roughly chop 2 plums
- Muddle the plums, lemon juice, simple syrup until all the juices from the plums have been released
- Shake with ice in a cocktail shaker
- Take two glasses and strain into the glass evenly (If you prefer less pulp, use an extra fine strainer to catch the pulp)
- Pour in your chilled champagne until it hits the top
- Garnish your cocktails with sliced plums and the remaining thyme sprigs