Curl up to this warm and delicious oven roasted tomato soup.
There’s nothing like a pot of hot fresh soup after a bone-chilling day or a snowy blizzard. This recipe was meant to be fast and easy, so you can warm right up in no time at all.
Follow along as I share this easy recipe for my favourite nutritious and delicious oven roasted tomato soup.
- 1 to 2 pounds of fresh tomatoes (plum or vine-ripened)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 3 medium shallots (chopped)
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1/2 can of low-fat coconut milk
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a baking sheet, lay aluminium foil across
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and spread them across evenly on the baking sheet
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Roast the tomatoes in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes
- In a large pot, heat up 1 tbsp of olive oil with garlic and shallots until soft
- Add bay leaves and tomatoes into the pot and stir
- Add vegetable broth, coconut milk and chopped basil
- Let simmer for 30 – 40 minutes
- Remove soup from stove and blend until smooth
- Serve with naan bread or grilled cheese sandwiches