This 5 0’clock cocktail is the perfect mix for starting the weekend!
When you think of rosemary, the last thing you’d think is to put this herb in your cocktail but with the sweetness of the grapefruit and the tonic, the rosemary adds an earthiness that creates a great tasting cocktail. To get started, you don’t need many ingredients – you’ll have most of the ingredients already in your fridge. Of course, if you don’t have grapefruit, you can choose to substitute with a blood orange or a regular orange.
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
Pour all ingredients into a small pot. Bring all ingredients to a boil then simmer on low for about 3 minutes with the lid on. Remove from the heat and let it stand while you make the rest of your drink.
GIN AND TONIC MIX
- 1.5 oz. of your favourite dry gin
- 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice (or a blood orange/orange)
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 1 oz. of your rosemary syrup
- Throw all ingredients into your shaker
- Shake well until it gets really cold
- Pour the mixture into two glasses
- Top it off with a bit of tonic water or soda water (optional – depending on the week you had you can make this drink as strong as you’d like)
- For a garnish, add a sliced grapefruit, a sprig of rosemary and a fun straw
Please note, all recipe credit goes to TellMeTuesdayBlog.com