A heaping handful of berries, a squeeze of lemon and one scoop of greek yogurt, make this dessert extra sweet!
You might be wondering how those three ingredients included in this bread would taste good. Sweet, tangy and tart are the three things that your palette experiences. This bread did not last long in our house and there’s only two of us. I grabbed this recipe off of http://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/ and added in my own few ingredients. I have to say, this recipe is easy and foolproof, something everyone can make. Follow along and try it for yourself!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour ( divide and separate 1 tbsp, save for later)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp lemon zest (grate from 1 lemon, you’ll need this lemon later)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 /2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 heaping cup of blueberries
- 1/4 cup of frozen mixed berries
- 1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt
- In a large bowl, beat yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla and oil
- Fold the ingredients into the wet ingredients until incorporated
- In a separate bowl, toss the berries with 1 tbsp of the flour
- Gently fold the berries and flour into the mixed batter along with your frozen fruit
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake 55 min to 1 hour or, until the toothpick inserted comes out clean and the top of the loaf bounces back
- Remove from oven and cool
- Start making your glaze
INSTRUCTIONS FOR GLAZE:
- Whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice
- Drizzle over top of loaf
- Allow the glaze to set or harden before serving
P.S. you can also make cupcakes out of this recipe! Just decrease the cooking time to 20 to 25 minutes!