Healthy and yummy? Yes and Yes!
These frozen banana popsicles are a real treat – especially since they’re half the fat and half the calories of an ice cream bar. They’re so easy to make and literally last in your freezer for a few weeks so you can always make a big batch and save it for later.
Let’s get started!
INGREDIENTS (Makes 4 popsicles)
- Popsicle sticks
- 2 Ripe bananas
- Dark chocolate chips (1/2 bag)
- White chocolate chips (1/2 bag)
- coconut shavings
- Unpeel your ripe bananas
- Cut the bananas in half and slowly slide your popsicles sticks in the cut ends
- Place parchment paper on a long board or plate
- Place bananas on the parchment paper and place in the freezer, until frozen (about 1 hour)
- Melt your dark chocolate and white chocolate separately in the microwave (about 1 to 2 minutes and keep stirring)
- Take out your frozen bananas
- Dip one banana at a time into the chocolate mixture
- Sprinkle your toppings while the chocolate mixture is still wet
- Place immediately back in the freezer, until chocolate is frozen (45 min)
- Take out and add more chocolate or eat as is!