Made with sweet and fresh strawberries with a yummy crumble, this recipe is sure to brighten your mornings!
When I stumbled across this recipe from sugarandsoul, I knew instantly I had to try it. This super easy and yummy recipe is perfect for your Saturday morning routine of waking up with a cup of coffee in hand with a sweet treat by your side. Nothing but fresh strawberries are what makes this recipe so delicious.
INGREDIENTS (makes 12 muffins):
- 1/4 cup of butter unsalted (softened)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour (I used unbleached flour, but any kind of flour for this recipe will work)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 milk ( I used skim – you can use anything you have on hand)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter unsalted (cold)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line muffin pan with muffin liners
- Beat butter and sugar in a mixing bowl
- Beat in egg and vanilla
- In a separate bowl, combine your dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt
- Slowly add the milk and flour alternating between the two to your butter mixture
- Mix well!
- Fold in HALF of your chopped strawberries
- Scoop your batter evenly in muffin liners
- Sprinkle remaining strawberries on top of each muffin
Let’s get ready to crummmmbbbbllle…
- Beat all the crumble ingredients together (butter, flour, brown sugar, white sugar) until mixed well
- Sprinkle the crumble on top of each muffin
- Reduce oven to 350 F.
- Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes or until cooked thoroughly on inside
Nothing beats a warm batch of muffins right out of the oven. Because of the fresh strawberries, you’ll want to eat these muffins within two days of baking…like that’ll be hard to do. Please don’t lick the screen as you scroll through these delicious pictures.